28 November 2010

Thanksgiving Day 2010

We spent Thanksgiving in the city this year with our friends the Koellings, Hardings, and Alexa.

Thursday morning Johnny and I headed to Central Park so he could participate in the church turkey bowl. While he played, I jogged around the reservoir in Central Park. We were both famished and exhausted by the time we made it home.

I went home a bit before Johnny so I could start making the rolls and corn pudding, which I tried to time perfectly so that they would be fresh out of the oven when we made our trek to the Koellings at 2:00pm.

All the girls split the cooking responsibilities, and it was so fun to converge with all our yummy food.

everyone else patiently waiting while the girls got the food ready


cranberry sauce and rolls

salad

turkey, gravy, yams, and stuffing

mashed potatoes and corn pudding

all the bakers!

sparkling cider!


Mmmm

pumpkin pie for dessert

After we ate, we all took a quiz to test our knowledge about Thanksgiving. I was kind of skeptical of doing such a thing (52 questions!), but it ended up being a lot of fun!

Thanksgiving quiz

After the quiz, we played Catch Phrase, which was super entertaining, and then we all just talked and had a good time together.

playing Catch Phrase

don't know what to say about us...

Overall, this Thanksgiving will probably end up being one of our most memorable!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

This truly was such a great Thanksgiving. Thanks so much to going to all the effort of baking all your yummy dishes and planning it!

Sarah said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I must say that we missed you, but I'm so glad you have such cute friends in New York!

Unknown said...

beautiful post... then the last picture came into view and all I could do was laugh! so great. so great.

next is Christmas!!

Jill said...

larrrrved it!! although i wish we could have been together. i loved the picture of you and johnny playing catch phrase. definitely my favorite.

Margaret said...

It's posts like these that I fail to mention my blog, Joanna! Cute Thanksgiving dinners with Rachael Ray recipes and jogs in Central Park versus sledding disasters and fear of heights. I feel too inferior!

You are just too picturesque. All you need now are dialogue/thought bubbles or captions, and this is ready to publish! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...