My friend Lindsay is one of the most creative and talented people I know. When she found out I was moving to North Carolina mid-pregnancy, she insisted on throwing me a virtual baby shower! How does a virtual baby shower work? Well, let me show you:
Lindsay mailed out invites to the attendees, which she designed (I told you she's talented), containing the details of the shower. The back of the invites gave detailed instructions on how to attend the shower.
The invite also included my registry information, and so in the weeks leading up to the shower, I received baby gifts in the mail! It was so much fun. Each time I received a gift, my day was made.
The day before the shower, I received a care package from Lindsay with thank-you notes, a gift from her, as well as lip gloss and peanut butter M&Ms (my favorite) to munch on during the shower. There was also a card directing me to a blog that had been set up for the shower. And unbeknownst to me, all the attendees had written advice and tips for me!
So on Sunday night at 9:00 p.m., we all gathered together on Google+. It was so fun to see everyone, and Lindsay had a few quizzes and games lined up, which we all had fun with.
I had such a great time, and I felt so loved by and thankful for everyone. Lindsay did an incredible job, and I'm so grateful to have her as a friend. I was able to be showered by family and friends, even from North Carolina.
With this shower under our belts, Johnny and I are feeling that much more ready for baby girl! Eight weeks and counting!






.jpg)
5 comments:
That is so awesome! Such a great idea. Glad you got to be showered even with moving away from friends!
Um, this is the coolest thing ever! I've never heard of such a thing. So cool. Also, you are SOOOOOOO CLOSE! 8 weeks is nothing.
She did an amazing job. It was such a great idea.
Yeah!!!! Thanks for the shout out and nice words. It was so much fun and went better than I could have imagined!!! So glad I was ave to celebrate baby g!
Hi. Thank you for sharing this post. This is such a cute idea. I came across your blog while researching how to throw a virtual baby shower for my sister-in-law. Out of curiosity, is there any way you can take a picture of the back of the baby shower invitation and post it on the blog? I'd love to see the directions so I can get an idea of what to do when I host my own baby shower.
Post a Comment