07 November 2012

Baby Girl's Finished Blanket


My first baby blanket ever is completed. I'm really happy with how it turned out! I started it on October 1st, and I finished sewing in the ends on October 31st.

If you're thinking of making a blanket of your own, here are some of the logistics:

  • I used mostly cotton-blend and wool-blend yarns because I like how they feel the best. 
  • There are a total of 27 different colored rows, but 54 total crocheted rows. In other words, I crocheted two rows and then switched to a different color. 
  • The pattern was just a double crochet stitch with increases and decreases to create the ripples.
  • A blanket this size requires about 6 skeins of yarn, which ends up costing about $40.
  • The blanket took a total of about 40 hours to complete, so I spent a little over an hour each day working on it (usually while watching a TV show). 

Now that I've completed my first really big crocheting project, I feel like the possibilities are endless!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE your blanket! It is amazing! I can't believe you finished it so quickly. I truly want to learn how to crochet now. I'm sure anything I make would not turn out half as cute, but i would love to learn!

Maddie said...

Love that blanket! It's super cute!

Angie said...

Amazing, amazing job. It looks beautiful!!

Catherine Fishback said...

This is so cute! Great job!!

hburdie said...

Cute! I'm impressed that you finished it so quickly. Baby Girl will love it.

Hannah said...

baby girl is a code word for me, right? can't wait to get my blanket!!!

jk..but it is seriously supes cute. LOVE IT. can't wait to see it all wrapped around your lil babe!

Katie said...

Oh man, I love this! So cute! Nice work.

Unknown said...

I love this picture. Your face is so cute and I love the part about "the possibilities are endless" You are ready to be a mom. I also love the blanket. You put together perfect colors. That's gonna be an heirloom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...