20 November 2012

Saturday in DC

I don't think we could have chosen two more perfect days for sightseeing in DC. Each day was sunny and in the 50s. I didn't even wear a jacket most of the time because I get hot so easily right now. We started off our Saturday at Arlington Cemetery with Johnny's Uncle Michael and Aunt Jill. I don't think I've ever been to a more beautiful cemetery.
It was a long, uphill trek to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. We got up there just a few minutes before the changing of the guard, and despite all the visitors at the tomb, it was almost completely silent.
After the changing of the guard, we explored some other areas of the cemetery, including JFK's gravesite.
After Arlington, we headed over to the Mall to explore some museums.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Your pictures are A-MAZ-ING!!!! The colors are so beautiful. I am so glad you were able to have this trip together! How fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...