11 November 2010

The Day We Almost Did, but Didn't


My friend Angie and I got tickets to see Rachael Ray. This is a picture I took while standing in line... right before we were turned away. They cut the line off about five people in front of us and so we trekked back to the subway and returned home, not really sure what had just happened. We looked GOOD that day. Really good. Hot, even. (I may be getting carried away.) All for Rachael, and she shunned us. Rachael, you don't get a second chance. We are through with you.

Anyway, it made for kind of an off-putting day. I had been looking forward to it, so I got home kind of bummed out. I worked all day kind of needing something to cheer me up. So I decided to make myself some delicious chocolate chip cookies. I have mentioned these cookies on here before. They are THE BEST. And just as I hoped, they cheered me up. And then I got the following picture and text from Angie:

I am making THE cookies. I just felt like you should know. ;)
What??! I guess we both needed some cheering up after Rachael let us down :)


***************
Time to give thanks. I kind of failed after forgetting to add it on my last post, but I will try again.

Giving Thanks: I am thankful for my siblings. I love having so many people that I know care about me, and I love being a part of all of their lives. Sometimes I was embarrassed at how many siblings I had growing up (especially when we all went out grocery shopping together), but now I want to have a big family of my own as well---well, maybe not as big as eight, but big-ish. My siblings are all so unique and talented and genuinely good people. They inspire me to be better.





9 comments:

Lindsay said...

That stinks about the Rachel Ray show. That would have been fun! But at least you get to eat COOKIES!!!

Unknown said...

My sweetness sister, Joanna. What a great post.
Pshh to RR.

I especially like the part where you said I was your favorite sibling...or at least I'm sure you meant to say it... :)

Love you!

Sarah said...

That stinks that you didn't get to go to the show...if you ever do get a chance, let us know so that we can watch for you!

Angie said...

You put it into words so nicely. I felt EXACTLY the same way. I was so bitter against Rachael for shunning us. And yes, the cookies did make me feel better. Mmmmm last night's batch turned out extra light and fluffy and perfect. Take THAT, Rachael Ray!

I am glad you took a picture of the outside of the studio. I meant to do that. But I was too bitter. :)

Lia said...

Joanna! best post ever!! My favorite part was the one big picture of me! however, i think it would have been nice if you had included the other kids too.

Anonymous said...

It makes me want to kick Rachel Ray
in the bottom. She's no friend of mine. I would try Bobby Flay or that good eats guy. I was just thinking, maybe you can throw just a couple of cookies at RR. Good Luck in all your endevored.
POPS Galbraith

Alexa said...

You have such a beautiful family! I am one of two and I always wanted lots of siblings. Isn't it funny that we always want the opposite?!

The Pritchard Party said...

I like your thankful post about your siblings.... That's cute.

A. Verzello said...

Well I'm really bitter you guys didn't take a picture of your hot selves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...