04 November 2010
It's About Love
This is Holly and Sam. I don't usually--or ever, really--do this kind of blog post, but I wanted to do a post for Holly today. Holly and Sam are looking to adopt. Their adoption profile can be found here.
I work with Holly, and she and I carpooled to Salt Lake City together everyday. Holly is amazing. She's just one of those good people with not one mean bone in her body. And she has the most contagious laugh. Half the reason I would laugh in the carpool was just from Holly laughing.
Holly and I rode in the carpool with two other girls. You put four girls in a car for an hour together and pretty much every topic comes up. One day we were talking about pregnancy and mothers and I think I made some comment about how I'm afraid that once I do start trying to have kids, I won't even be able to! When I found out Holly had been trying for five years, you can imagine how somber I felt.
Lately I have been really thinking about families and how they are everything. That's what our whole life is about and, really, nothing else even matters. Sometimes I forget that not only are Johnny and I married now, but we are also our own little family. So when you get a chance, please look at Sam and Holly's adoption profile and keep them in mind.
Giving Thanks: Today I am thankful for my parents. I learned the importance of family from them. We had family prayer and scripture study together every day. We always had family dinners together around the kitchen table. I grew up knowing I was loved. I didn't really enjoy high school, and my home felt like a sanctuary from all my fears and insecurities. I have not been home to see Mom and Dad for over two years, and I cannot wait to finally be with them this Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I thought you laughed in the carpool because I was ridiculous. Now I find out it was really Holly's contagious laughter.
Just kidding. In seriousness, I would like to say kudos on this post. So nice! I can attest to everything you said about Holly. That is a good description. Thanks for your comments on families here and on my blog post yesterday.
Joanna, you're so sweet! Thanks so much, especially for all the nice things you said. I don't think anyone's ever said anything so nice about me publicly before. I'm really, really touched. I feel like I ought to pay you or something.
In all seriousness, though, thanks. You're the best. I miss our carpools and your boat/car where I slid around like no one's business on the back seat. Though I guess I'm glad you're enjoying New York.
I love Holly! I love this post! I think you guys rock. :)
tender. you're a tender little thing.
Good luck to Holly and Sam! Such a fun, cute couple! Jo, did you really have to put up a picture of Dad and his pecs? You know how much he LOVES them and you're only encouraging his obsession! ;)
Good luck to Holly and Sam.
And your parents are adorable. They remind me of my parents! Have we talked about this? I think our parents have a lot in common.
your parents are hot!
Just stumbled across your blog, and LOVE it :)
Now I see why you have a beautiful family. Your parents are beautiful, too!
Post a Comment