Johnny and I aren't big Halloweeners, but perhaps we will be once we have kids.
So last week was a crazy week. Johnny was gone on a trip for work all week in sunny California. Seriously, he said it was like 85 and sunny everyday. He even came back with a sunburn. He and his work partner, Klane, were filming a commercial for an advertising campaign they are currently working on.
I missed him so much. He got back at around 3:30 yesterday afternoon, and hearing him walking up the steps and then seeing him as he turned the corner toward our apartment was the best moment.
Tuesday night I was by myself. When I'm by myself, I do impulsive things, which is why Johnny's so good for me. . . . he's a very methodical person. Anyway, on Tuesday night I rearranged our whole bedroom.
| Before |
| After |
| After |
Wednesday night I was invited to a girl's night at my friend Alexa's house, which you can read about here. We watched Hocus Pocus and ate chili and cornbread. It was just one of those perfect nights.
Thursday night Angie and I (Angie is married to Klane, Johnny's work partner) spent the night at my house and we ate sin popcorn and watched a chick flick.
Friday night I slept at Angie's and we watched the finale of Project Runway and ate a DELICIOUS homemade meal made by Angie.
Saturday Angie and I hung out yet again. She was my constant this whole week. It was great. It would have been an awful week without her. Angie got some prints from her talented sister-in-law and she gave me the ones she did not use (!!!!), which I transformed my kitchen with. We went to Target and got frames for our pictures, and this was the end result:
Saturday night we watched He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not, a creepy French film with Audrey Tautou. It was the perfect mild thriller leading up to Halloween.
During all of this, Persie was the perfect little companion. She was extra cuddly, and almost every night I woke up with her right next to me. I think she was as happy as I was when she finally saw Johnny again.
| my little friend |
On Sunday, I FINALLY got my husband back! I couldn't quit hugging him. He is my favorite person in the world. My life just isn't quite balanced without him around.
Let me end with a few more pictures I've been meaning to post from our little photo-op in Central Park. These were the pictures taken by Angie, and so they are amazing. Because of these pictures, I'm thinking we may have to send out a Christmas card this year, despite being childless ;)
![]() |
| Why am I so in love with this creeper? |
![]() |
| Next time he tries to leave, I will find a way to fit in his suitcase. |
p.s. Happy November! I made a new blog header that changes from month to month, so look for it :)


3 comments:
This was such a fun week, and it is all thanks to you. If you hadn't been there I would've been miserable! Thanks for being my buddy all week! You're the best!
And I was just the same when Klane got home, I couldn't stop hugging him! It's great to have our boys back. :)
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not is so creepy! I watched it for French Club at BYU was was just fascinated by it--you know that horrified kind of fascination? I've wanted to see it again now that I know the huge twist, but I sort of think it's a once-only kind of movie, you know?
Glad you had fun while the husband was gone. It's always nice to have a girl friend to hang out with when that happens. :)
Ooh, love the decor in the kitchen as well. Way to shame the rest of us into decorating!
Post a Comment