25 October 2010

A Stroll through Central Park in the Fall

Hello friends! On Sunday we finally made the much anticipated autumnal stroll through Central Park. It was beeeyoutiful, and because of that, this post is a picture overload. My apologies. I just had to post about everything. This is my first fall in NYC, so bear with my excitement. !!!!!!. It was so great! I loved it all.


Rick had never been to Central Park, so it was great to be able to take him during such a pretty time of year. And the weather was perfecto.


Mr. Johnny

Lindsay and Pat

Rick and me
This picture actually required some rather precarious climbing. On the way down, I found out Lindsay was filming so that just in case one of us fell, she would have a good video. Such a good friend.... :)


Cuties
Aren't these girls just the cutest? I wanted them to MOVE so I could get a picture of my own right there.

Johnny, Klane, Pat
The poor husbands. They were so patient while their wives took a bajillion pictures. At least they had each other to talk to.

Rick, me, Johnny!

Angie, the lovely photog

I loved this cute little bride and groom.



I made Rick take this picture of us. It is not candid. I wish it were, but it just isn't. I still like it though.




This one of Angie and Klane IS candid. Aren't they the cutest couple ever?


Johnny, the loner


Angie, striking a pose without even realizing it. I was rushing to take the picture before she moved :)

the trio

me and my boy

Lindsay and a gigantic white dog
Lindsay is great. She makes friends everywhere she goes! I should ask her what she learned about that man and his dog.

I wanted to take this picture of Johnny but he said NO. So instead he took the picture of me. So once again, not a candid shot. Sorry.


We saw some priceless sights while in Central Park. Most of them were seen at rollerskating central (I don't actually know if there is a name for it, but everyone roller skates/blades there.). One particular man was especially entertaining to watch. Although he was not skating, he made up for it by dancing.





Kudos to Rick for taking these wonderful videos.

Next, I asked for a photo of Johnny and me on this bench. The lighting was amazing, the location was amazing. . . . I just couldn't resist.

First, Johnny wanted to do this:

Johnny's pose

And then. . . gasp. . . this happened:



It was forced, it was forced! I promise. Lindsay made us do it. Do I look comfortable, because I was dying inside. But I must give Lindsay props. I have to admit it turned out to be a pretty cute pose!

Lindsay's pose


Finally, I got my pose. It seems so boring compared to the other one, but there it is, folks!

my pose


On the way home, we saw this "statue." I had to do a double take! Maybe it was because I wasn't wearing my glasses, but I thought it was a real statue until I saw her blink. It's crazy the things you see on a typical day in Central Park.

I know it was an overload of pics, but I hope you enjoyed! I can't wait to document this city as the upcoming holiday season approaches!

4 comments:

Jill said...

oh my goodness! these pictures were deluxe!! i just loved them. central park is beautiful and makes me wish i could have visited.
you and johnny look so great, too. you are both looking so healthy with great color!

Angie said...

I love your new header - FABULOUS.

I also LOVE these photos! I don't think it was a picture overload at all. You have inspired me to ignore Klane and post as many pictures as I want (he is always telling me "Less is more!").

This was such a perfect afternoon. The leaves were breathtaking, the company was easy to be with, the weather was amazing, and the hot nuts were devastating. ;) Seriously though, there was so much random, fun stuff going on in the park that day. Sigh.... I LOVE NY!

Oh and you and Johnny wore the perfect contrasting blue shades to look AMAZING with the fall leaves. I don't know if you got the pictures of you I took but you guys looked the best out of all the couples sitting on that bench! It's your blue shirt. Oh and the fact that you are beautiful people. ;)

hburdie said...

It's so beautiful there! What a great photo op.

Unknown said...

Very very very good! I want to come visit you!!! I will start hunting for plane tickets. I may not make it until the spring (weather and ticket prices and all) but I will do my best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...