12 October 2010

Jan and Tom's Visit: Central Park

On Sunday we explored Central Park. Once again, just like the Met, I had one of those moments in which I was like, "WHY don't I come here more often??!"

Jan taking pictures

Tom and Johnny

Jan and Johnny

Johnny


There were so many boaters out on Sunday. The weather was beautiful and everyone was taking advantage of it.

me and my boy

I couldn't get enough of the boaters.
I know most areas of the country are already in full-blown autumn, but here the trees are mostly green still. I am excited to explore Central Park again in a couple weeks to see the difference.


Without Johnny's phone, we would have gotten lost for sure. Our goal was to come out of Central Park around 65th Street so that we could see the Manhattan temple.

Tom and Jan walking about
We ended up coming out of Central Park at around 59th Street, so we made our way up a few blocks to see the temple.
Jan taking pictures of the temple
I loved being able to show them the temple. It is so shocking to see a temple literally in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of the city. After taking some pictures, we hopped on the subway to head downtown.

the subway station

Jan

me taking a picture of Tom taking a picture of Jan :)
 We took the subway down to the site of the WTC.



The oldest church in NYC (I think it is called St. Peter's.) is right across the street from the site of the WTC, and it survived 9/11. It was built in the 1760s, and I keep wanting to take a tour inside, but I always visit when tours are already closed for the day.


Obviously, after a full day of walking around, we were exhausted. Who knows how many miles we walked on Sunday. I sure slept good that night.

Coming up next is the last leg of our adventures with Jan and Tom...

3 comments:

Jill said...

these posts were DEFINITELY comment worthy. It is looks like their stay was a success and it only made me want to come visit even MORE. and the picture of persie only made me want a little kitten EVEN.MORE.

Unknown said...

GREAT photos! I love seeing NYC with you! I want to be in central park with you in the fall!!!

I think Greg and I went into that church right next to the WTC site. We took a short tour. Uncle Pat encouraged us to visit a lot of the churches while we were there, but I want to come back and spend more time.

Expect a visit from me. I am not giving Greg the option to say no.

Lindsay said...

Wow! Great job documenting your time with Jan and Tom. It was fun to see everything step by step, day by by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...