05 October 2010

Home is Where the Heat Isn't.

Johnny and Klane worked late last night. I went to Angie's and ate a homemade Cafe Rio meal. What? Yeah, I have good friends.

Then I came home to a freezing apartment. It was in the low 50s outside and our bedroom was quite chilly. So I went over to the ancient radiator, peering into its soul and twisting a knob, hoping some heat would come out. When nothing happened, I g-chatted Johnny asking him how to turn it on. He sent me a link to a website containing this nifty graphic:



 Oh Good.

Seriously, NYC. Who are you???

4 comments:

Nate and Malorie said...

That freaking sucks dude! It's so random...

hburdie said...

Look on the bright side. If you leave your milk out on the counter, it won't spoil!

Angie said...

Last winter we could not believe how cold it was getting in our apartment at night, and we thought our heater must be broken or that we just couldn't find the switch to turn it on. We looked and looked for a switch anywhere in the apartment to turn the heat on, because it felt like it wasn't running at all. We would wake up and it would be 54 degrees in our apt! Then we found out the building controls the hear and that they're not required to keep us warm at all. We bought a space heater and I'm having memories rushing back of wrapping in a blanket, warming heating pads, and sitting with the space heater six inches from me. While drinking hot cocoa. It gets freezing! I can't believe they're allowed to have it that cold. So wrong.

Alexa said...

Whatttt?! This is new information to me!! Thanks for the warning! I am glad I am finding out now and not in the middle of a freezing night!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...