13 October 2010

Jan and Tom's Visit: The Brooklyn Bridge

On Monday, it was back to work for Johnny and me. Tom and Jan went down to Grand Central Station, and then all of us met up for lunch near Johnny's work. We got yummy halal food from a nearby street cart.
Tom and Johnny

me and Jan

our yummy lunch

On Monday night, we all walked the Brooklyn Bridge together. Johnny and I had never walked the bridge before either, so it was a new experience for all of us. There were so many pretty views and it was a beautiful night.

Johnny and me

Johnny, Jan, and Tom

view from the bridge

 After we walked the bridge, we walked over to Grimaldi's, a famous NY pizza place, for dinner. At this point, it was starting to thunder and lightning some. The wait at Grimaldi's was about an hour, so Johnny, Jan, and I went over to a nearby park to take pictures

view from the park

While we were taking pictures, it started to rain a little. We had no idea what was coming to us...

Johnny shielding his mom's camera from the rain :)

As we waited outside Grimaldi's, the rain really started coming down. We did not bring umbrellas, but thankfully, there was a scaffold to stand under as we waited. The storm escalated until it was hailing and the wind was blowing like crazy. And still we waited. The video below shows how nuts the storm was. All I could think was, "This pizza better be gooooood!"




Finally, we made it into the restaurant, soaked and starving!

me and Johnny
Jan and Tom

The pizza was delish. It was the best I have had since moving out here. We all decided it was well worth the wait! The night ended up being a much bigger adventure than we could have imagined, and we all had a lot of fun together.

our well-earned dinner
When we left Grimaldi's, the rain had let up, and we started the long trek back to the UES. Literally minutes after we arrived home, it started pouring rain again! The timing was perfect. I have never been so happy to get home to a warm, dry apartment!

Tuesday morning Jan and Tom left and went back to Utah. We were sad to see our first NY visitors leave us, but we are so happy they came! We love them both so much, and it was great to spend time with family.

4 comments:

Catherine Fishback said...

Haha... I love Grimaldi's. And your commentary during the storm video is hilarious.

Unknown said...

What an adventure! and I LOVE your night pictures of the city! Those are as good as postcards!

Angie said...

Oh my gosh - that video was CRAZY!!! That night when all the lightning and thunder was going crazy, I totally forgot you guys were walking the bridge! Ahhh! I am glad you survived.

And I am trying not to be an obsessive blogger so I am not commenting on all your posts of the visit individually. But I did read all of them and it looked like such a fun time!

hburdie said...

Seriously, lady! Some of those pictures you took could be blown up giant, framed, and hung on your wall. Or my wall. Whichever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...