25 October 2010

Mr. Rick Came to Manhattan





Once there was a big brother named Rick. He came and visited his sister out in New York, and it made his sister very happy.

This story begins on a Wednesday. Rick arrived at around 5:00pm, and he and I headed down to Midtown to meet up with Johnny.

Rick

We went to the Rockefeller Center. The ice skating rink is up and running!



Then we went and had some delicious street meat at a nearby cart (the best in the city!) and headed home.

Johnny and I were working on Thursday, so Rick was pretty much left to his own devices during the day. On Thursday I was able to spend a little bit of time with him at the Met during my lunch break.



I had no idea the Met had roof access. There was a really neat bamboo structure, and the view was great. I highly recommend going up to the roof if you go to the Met.



On Thursday night, we went and explored Little Italy and Chinatown. We ate at Nyonya, a yummy Malaysian restaurant.



Then we went to Little Italy and Rick bought some delicious pastries. He and I ate them all in one night! They were soooo good!

 
Rick was sure to keep me filled up on bakery goods throughout his whole visit :)

On Friday, Johnny and I had work (again) but Rick went out exploring on his own.


He took the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. (Why didn't I steal more pictures from his camera??) He also revisited Chinatown and bartered with the street merchants :)  

On Saturday Rick had the opportunity to go sailing with our Uncle Pat. I think this was Rick's favorite part of the trip.

Rick the sailor!
On Sunday we went to Central Park, which deserves its own post, and it will get it.

I can't believe Rick is already gone. It makes me sad! I wish I got to see him more frequently. Rick, we'll see you at Christmas! Love you, big bro!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I want to go sailing with Uncle Pat! And those cannolis looks so good.

Jill said...

what a delightful stay it looks like ricky had!! i can't wait until christmas when i can see the both of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...