Earlier tonight we went and did some Christmas shopping. The stores were playing Christmas music and a light display hanging from the ceiling of the mall was flashing different colored lights to the beat of the Christmas songs. People were out and about in the city with their loved ones.
On the way home, we went and looked at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons, all blown up and ready for their debut tomorrow morning:
![]() |
| taken from my friend Lindsay's blog |
As we walked, Christmas music was playing on outside speakers, and being bundled up against the brisk air felt so appropriate for the season. We almost didn't even stop by, but I am so glad we did.
I am so thankful for this time Johnny and I have off work to spend with each other. Our home is a happy home. Johnny is playing Call of Duty right now and I just stuck two pumpkin pies in the oven.
One more list of thankfuls in honor of Thanksgiving tomorrow:
I am thankful
- that Johnny ran to the store to get me evaporated milk at 11:00pm;
- for a warm apartment;
- for a husband who helped me cook dinner tonight---It made me feel so happy;
- for friends to celebrate Thanksgiving with tomorrow, who are my family out here;
- for good books to read over the break;
- for warm blankets and thick socks;
- to have a job doing what I love;
- that Johnny has a job doing what he loves;
- that we are young and healthy;
- for prayer, which I take for granted; and
- for the upcoming holiday season in New York City.
Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:
what a wonderful post. your sweetness always comes through in the way you write.
We were thinking about you and Johnny all yesterday morning as we watched the parade. I would have LOVED to have come to NY to watch the parade with you. Hope your Thanksgiving was great! I am thankful for you.
Post a Comment