23 February 2015

Sally Starts School! (Kind of)


This was a big milestone for us, so I had to share a little about it. Sally has had some separation anxiety, so we wanted to start her in a little program to help her be more independent. I also needed some time to myself, too, to get things done that I can't get done when she's around.

I was really stressing out about finding a good program for Sally. I've never let someone else watch my baby on a consistent basis! I'd given up on getting Sally in a preschool out here, but I emailed one near our house that that I thought she could possibly start in the fall.

Serendipitously enough, they were just starting a pre-preschool program in February, and it's been just what Sally's needed. It's twice a week for two hours each time. And Sally loves it! She's really blossomed. She loves her three other classmates, and she has really bonded with her teacher. I feel totally at ease leaving her, and she gets to do all kinds of fun things that she can't do at home. It's going really well, and I think it will be good for her to have this when the new baby comes, too. I love seeing my girl become more confident being away from her mom and dad. And when it's over, we're so excited to see each other! The past two times, Sally has been happy to see me, but she hasn't wanted to leave school! She's a whole new independent woman!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...