13 February 2015

Thanksgiving 2014


We headed to my parents' house in Alabama for Thanksgiving, and honestly, it all seems like a blur. We were in the middle of moving to NYC, and our stuff had already been picked up by the movers. We were also trying to solidify our lease for our new apartment, and Johnny and I were both stressed out of our minds. Our NYC apartment is a co-op, and the approval process was ridiculous. We had a phone interview while we were in Alabama, and money was leaving our bank account like no other.

On top of all that, Sally had the worst cough, and she wasn't sleeping well at night. When our baby girl is sick, Johnny and I are both a little more stressed out.

I will say this. We had some amazing food while we were there. We ate Southern barbecue, catfish, fried green tomatoes, and my mom's Thanksgiving feast can't be beat. We also had some scrumptious donuts from my parents' local bakery. We were very spoiled. And it gave us a chance to catch a breath before heading back to Utah, tying up loose ends, and moving to NY. It was great to be with my sister and parents for a few days, and I loved seeing Sally bond with all of them. That might have been the very best part.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...