The moving process out to New York was rough. And I mean rough. It's not that anything went horribly bad. But the process was so quick that if anything went wrong, it made things especially overwhelming. We had five days to pack up after finding an NYC apartment, and that was insane. Sally got babysat nonstop by my sisters, especially Jill and Melyssa. And I packed from sun up to sun down. And then once the movers came, we lived out of our suitcases for two weeks and slept on an air mattress. It was intense.
But we made it to NY in one piece! Well, mostly. The night of our red eye, Sally started running a 103 fever. We got her to the pediatrician right before they closed, and the doc was able to rule out the flu. He said she had some sort of respiratory virus, though. So the flight to NY as well as the first few days in the city found Sally very, very sick. We were giving her round-the-clock doses of Ibuprofen and Tylenol, but her fever stayed between 101 and 103 at almost all times. Plus, the first night in our new place, I got food poisoning. So both of those factors really complicated the unpacking process.
One perk of our new place is that it has a storage locker in the basement, so we were able to bring our Christmas tree to NY! Before our house was even done being unpacked, Johnny declared that we needed to put up our tree. It was such a simple, fun evening in our half-unpacked apartment. I love my little family so much, and it's especially fun to introduce Sally to the holidays. She was a little too obsessed with the Christmas ornaments. And she thought they were all toys to be played with, but it was still fun.
During one of our first days in the city, we headed to a playground near our house to let Sally play. There are so many playgrounds near us, and I can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit so we can use them more. Although, Sally loves them even if it is freezing cold outside.
I was 23 weeks pregnant at the time of this picture, and I wasn't even feeling pregnant at all. I'd gotten over my sickness, and I could just enjoy feeling good for a while. The second trimester is the very best.









No comments:
Post a Comment