I think part of why I feel good is all the exercise I get out here in NYC. I walk on average a couple of miles a day. And some days I walk 3, 4, or 5 miles. Such is life in the city. So I think that's helped me stay pretty agile -- for a pregnant woman, at least. No waddling is happening, which is a cause for celebration.
And now onto baby girl #2... I've written so much less about my pregnancy with her than with Sal. She's a very active little girl, even now. She's been head-down for weeks, but she twists her body this way and that all the time. I can feel pointy little corners of her sometimes, which I usually assume is the heel of her foot or maybe a knee. According to my doctor, this baby is going to be smaller than Sally. My doctor insists I'll likely not get a seven-pounder this time around. And it doesn't help that I'm measuring a couple of weeks behind. I do feel smaller this time, but I'm hoping it's just the position the baby's in. I'm mostly just getting excited to meet her. I love my life just as it is right now, and I'm not sure I'm ready for the change, but I also feel like my body is completely hers at this point. I'm ready to be able to use my body for more than just housing a baby. And although it may be rough in the beginning adjusting to a new baby, I know it will also be blissful and full of love. And as soon as she's here, we won't be able to imagine life without her. So I'm ready.
I've been trying to savor every moment with Sal recently, giving her extra hugs and kisses and telling her how much I love her. She's an amazing little girl, and sometimes I'm so caught up in being her mom that I don't get to just sit back and realize that. So I've really loved the last couple of weeks of just focusing on how lucky I am to get to spend every day with my little two-year-old. I hope I can keep the perspective I currently have and just continue to savor my time being a mom to however many kids we have.
So yes, it's a waiting game. Yes, I'm ready to be done being pregnant. Yes, I can't wait to meet this new baby. But in the meantime, I'm probably not as uncomfortable as I could be, and I'm really enjoying these last few days with my family of three. Here's to a relaxing Easter weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment