14 April 2015

On being 40+ weeks pregnant...

So I'm still pregnant! It feels kind of surreal that I'm past my due date because of how little I mind it. You'd think I'd be dying for this baby to be out, but I'm kind of nonchalant about the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer for her to show herself already, but I'm not hating life or anything. I think my perspective changed a good bit when Sally got sick on Thursday night. Suffice it to say, the experience put everything in perspective. 

This week, we've just been kickin' it at home with Johnny. He's been working from home so he can help out with Sal since she's still sick and in need of some extra care. It's actually been a really sweet last few days with our little family. Sally has loved all the extra attention and doting on. And we've loved giving it to her. She was quite a trooper in the hospital, and it was hard to see our spunky little girl so sick. 

As far as how I'm feeling, I'm really starting to wonder if all the stress of Sally's hospital stay kind of stalled my going into labor. Either way, it's been really great that this little girl is waiting to show up because Sally could be quite a danger to her right now. The more days we have for Sally to no longer be contagious, the better. 

I have an appointment tomorrow morning, which is going to be full of scans and tests to make sure the baby is healthy. I'll be so happy when that's over with, and then we'll just take it one day at a time from there. I was 4cm and 80% this time last week, so it can't be too much longer, right?? Time will tell!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...