07 February 2011

To Utah I Go

photo by Johnny's mom, Jan

You ever have those days when you have so much stuff to get done that you don't even know where to begin? Yeah, that's my day today. I'm leaving for Utah tomorrow for work meetings, which hasn't even fully sunk in, and my list of to-dos today is out of control.

I only have the ability to focus on one thing at a time. Anyone else like this? I've talked to my friend Angie about this because, like most wonderwomen, she is able to multitask like a fiend. She's making cookies, telling a story, and texting all at the same time and making it look effortless. When we first started baking together, I had to warn her that I would need to take a break from talking so I could focus on the recipe in front of me. NO JOKE.

SO, back to the matter at hand. I have a billion things to get done before I leave tomorrow, and my mind is spinning, so naturally I decided to take a few minutes to write a post. My priorities are in line, obviously.

In anticipation of my departure, Johnny rented a free 10-day trial of GameFly, which is basically a Netflix for video games, so I think he'll be fine while I'm gone. My only concern is that he won't eat anything. I have never left Johnny to go somewhere. I have always been the one to get left, which is way worse because you're left with a gaping hole in your life. The other person, on the other hand gets to go have an adventure for a few days. This time, that's ME!! {insert evil laugh}. But, just watch. I'll probably be the one crying when we part ways tomorrow morning.

Well, time to make a detailed list and try to focus on just one thing at a time... wish me luck!

3 comments:

hburdie said...

Johnny will just have to live without you for a few days, because you are coming to see ME! Woohoo! Time to party like it's WGU graduation!

M.C. Sommers said...

I cannot multitask. Girls are supposed to be really good at it, but I suck. It makes me nervous for having kids because I feel like moms have to be able to do 20 things at once. Hopefully we'll get to see you! Travel safe!

Angie said...

Have fun in Utah! I am going to miss you. I relate to this post, the last time I went to Utah it didn't really seem like it was happening and then all of a sudden I had three hours to go and I hadn't started packing and I felt like I needed to clean the apartment, do the laundry and make a list for Klane of what food was in the fridge so that he wouldn't forget to eat. Sounds like he and Johnny are similar in that way. That is one of the main things I worry about when I leave town: will Klane feed himself. Haha. Well, good luck and I hope you have fun with your family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...