On Sunday night Johnny and I headed up a few blocks to the Park Avenue tree lighting. Many people around the city meet at a church on Park Avenue to sing hymns and watch the lighting of the trees.
I'm not gonna lie. It was freezing cold, but it was really neat to sing hymns and feel the Christmas spirit with our neighborhood.
We met up with the Hardings and Alexa, and we also saw some of our church friends at the event. Although our faces were frozen, at least they were smiling.
Afterwards, the Hardings and Alexa came to our house to watch our church's Christmas devotional and enjoy hot chocolate and Christmas sugar cookies!
It was a perfect Sunday night. Isn't Christmastime wonderful?
pictures thanks to Angie and Alexa :)
2 comments:
That was such a fun evening. I'm so glad we're taking advantage of all the fun Christmas events in the city!
that looks so magical to go sing christmas carols with strangers at an old church in nyc. and yes--christmas is soooo wonderful.
Post a Comment