Wynn's first week home was absolute newborn bliss. My mom was in town for most of it, and Johnny was home, too. We spent most of the time just relaxing and staring at little Winnie. It was as if the rest of the world stood still as we adjusted to our new life. My mom did all the cooking and cleaning, and my only job was to feed Wynn and sleep and recover. When Wynn wasn't eating, she was sleeping. I love that about newborns. It's their little way of transitioning you into life with them, making it as easy as possible those first few weeks.
I remember one particular night of Sally dancing and singing along to a song in the living room while we all watched her and while Winnie slept soundly on the couch. With all my crazy hormones, I just wanted to cry at how perfectly perfect everything was. With our scare at the hospital with Wynn, I was feeling especially grateful to have my two healthy girls, and I promised myself that I'd never, ever take it for granted.
Sally was happy to have me home, and she wanted me to give her all the attention I could. My mom was a big help that first week in Sally not being too jealous, since she had Grandmom fawning over her day in and day out. Reality hadn't hit yet, but it soon would :).

















No comments:
Post a Comment