05 September 2015

2.5 Week-Old Wynn

This time around, having a new baby felt much more manageable than it did the first time. That said, it was crystal clear to me that I didn't have my act together in the least bit. I was weepy, the house was falling apart, and I felt so incredibly frumpy and weak, but I was much more okay with it. And I told myself that I'd get my crap together eventually. 

It was very hard being on my own so soon after Winnie was born. Just one week after she was born, Johnny was back at work, and my mom was gone. But I was also ready to get back to my routine. People were bringing us meals, which was super helpful. I felt forever indebted to every person who stopped by with a meal. And so many women reached out to take Sally off my hands. It was so thoughtful and helpful. I really couldn't have survived without my NYC family helping me during that time. 

I remember when Wynn was just 1.5 weeks old, Casey came and took Sally for a few hours. As she was leaving, I just broke down, and I have no idea what about. I had several moments like that when I'd be convincing myself that I had my act together, and then I'd just break down suddenly. It was rough... I was just extremely tired and recovering and feeling overwhelmed. 

Sally's very long hair at the time (and still no haircut now, full disclosure)

17-day-old Winnie

Winnie was the easy one during this time. Sally had a super rough transition. For a month straight, she'd cry each morning when she came into our room and saw Winnie was still with us. And she began acting out in every way possible. From disobeying to pooping on the kitchen floor, it all happened.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...