These are both flowers Johnny got me in May. The first is from a day that Sally pooped on the kitchen floor and was a total tyrant all day long. The other was from Mother's Day 2015. I loved that arrangement, which Johnny put together himself.
I felt so incredibly honored to be a mom on Mother's Day this year. I didn't go to church because I was still staying home with Winnie, but Johnny and Sally went. I spent that time napping and resting, and it felt so luxuriously wonderful.
Each Mother's Day, Johnny has a tradition. For each child's first Mother's Day, he creates their email address. He then writes them an email about themselves and about me as their mom. I've gotten to read one letter the past two years, but this year I got to read two letters. They're so thoughtful and way, way too kind, and inevitably I end up balling my eyes out. Motherhood wouldn't be such an incredible experience without Johnny by my side. I really love being a mom. I don't think there's anything more important in my life than being a mom to my girls. I hope I can live up to that responsibility.


No comments:
Post a Comment