03 July 2012

4th of July here we come

last year's fireworks
Tomorrow is the 4th, and today is my last day of work for the week! I am so excited for some time off. AND, thanks be to whomever, Johnny doesn't have to go into work tomorrow. We did not see that one coming, but, yes, the campaign is actually giving everyone a day off. Well, technically, it's a "work from home" day, but it's better than nothing. My mom, dad, and two youngest sisters are arriving today as well. I am beyond excited! I keep checking my phone to see how much longer I have to wait until they're here! Which leads me to... 4th of July food! I love having an excuse to fix a really good meal. And I'll actually have helping hands for this meal, so I am going all out. Here's what's on the menu for tomorrow:

  • pulled pork barbecue sandwiches
  • white barbecue sauce
  • potato casserole (instead of potato salad)
  • squash (my mom's recipe)
  • coleslaw (my mom's recipe)
  • strawberry pie (I also bought a frozen pie just in case.)
  • ice cream


Because Johnny and I live in a small space and have such little room for cooking and baking in our kitchen, I typically do the bare minimun for our meals, or we just eat out. So I'm very excited for a homemade meal, especially one that my mom will be fixing with me!

I'm also really excited for my parents to see Boston. They have never come to the Northeast by choice, so this is a BIG deal. And what better city to explore than Boston? I don't think there's a more patriotic place to be on the 4th. Can't wait for the festivities to begin!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...