31 March 2011

today's musings

The weather in New York is not nice. Johnny and I have been discussing how everyone out here seems as if they're about to explode. Oh, don't mind that rain and snow due for April 1st. I contemplated going for a jog during my lunch break today and then realized it was 39 with a real feel of 27. Not worth it.

Johnny and I feud over Netflix sometimes. It's something we don't discuss and then become indignant about when we see what the other has added. Johnny even tweeted about it earlier this week.


How rude.

In an attempt to make amends, I sent him the following chat today:


Very rude again.

Also, I thought I would share a yummy meal. I miss southern barbecue. You know, moist, delicious pulled pork. Well, get 2lbs of pork shoulder, four cups of water, and a few tablespoons of liquid smoke. Cook that in your crock pot for 6-7 hours, and you've got yourself some delicious, moist pulled pork. I've made it twice now, and I never expect it to taste good because it's so easy, but it is so, so good.

6 comments:

Travis and Kira Evans said...

It is good! We miss you guys. Thinking of coming the end of May. Will you guys be there so we can see you?

Angie said...

I saw johnny's tweet earlier this week and laughed because we are the same way! And I just added Charlie St Cloud to our queue! Haha. You and I can watch it together and the boys can watch some lane documentary. :) And now I need to buy some liquid smoke because that pulled pork sounds amazing!

Angie said...

*lame documentary. You knew what I meant right?

mb said...

make him watch a fashion in film documentary.

but you MUST watch "Monster Camp." You'll die.

Katie said...

Ah, the Netflix battles. Totally been there. We usually trade off every other movie. And I'll admit to having Charlie St. Cloud in our queue too... sometimes you just gotta watch the lame teeny bopper movies, you know?

Catherine Fishback said...

HAHAHA.. we totally have that battle too. But it seems our netflix is always hi-jacked with nature and history documentaries. And that recipe sounds delicious. Mmmmm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...