Oh, the weekend is a wonderful thing. I think this weekend exceeded all expectations of laziness. In a good way. We watched General Conference, Johnny got a haircut, I got ice cream with a lady friend while Johnny watched more General Conference, and then Johnny got ice cream with some men friends. And that was our Saturday. Sunday, we lazed about in bed for a good part of the day.
I tell you what. Summer cannot come soon enough. Johnny starts his work softball league next week, we have multiple concerts planned, and summer clothing is calling my name. And I cannot wait to start meeting Johnny for lunch a few days a week again.
On Friday night, we had to grab a few groceries, and while at the store, we both got a hankering for ice cream. So, naturally, we meandered over to the ice cream aisle:
Those were the prices staring us in the face. Luckily, we found some Edy's (aka Dreyer's) ice cream on sale for $5.00, so our ice cream cravings were able to be satiated. But still . . . not okay.


9 comments:
those prices are RIDIC. i can't believe it.
also, glad you have some "lady friends" on the side. ;)
ew, gross prices!
I feel like those prices are the story of my life now. Not quite so bad, but significantly higher than UT. Milk is milk, right? Then why the $3 increase? Really.
hahaha, it really was an ice cream weekend.
seeing that ice cream makes me want some.
I can't believe those prices! Sounds like a fabulous weekend, though :)
Ugh, I feel your pain. One time when we were at a Walmart upstate I saw Breyers for $1.98. I nearly cried.
Holy cow! (Haha, get it? COW?? Milk?? I think I'm laughing at my own jokes now.) You could have gotten 9 of those at Dan's last week. They had this huge sale of $1 half gallon ice cream!
Poor Joanna. I'm mailing you some ice cream stat!
Oh no, this is making me depressed that we are even THINKING about moving away from my beloved Best Yet Market. I am telling you, their ice cream is always on sale, TWO half-gallon cartons for $5 bucks! I love that store. Having it within walking distance is the biggest limiting factor in our apartment search. I cannot bear to part with it. Thanks for reminding me one of the reasons why. :)
Yikes! I need to be more grateful about our grocery prices. That is outrageous!
Post a Comment