27 September 2010

Rainy New York Monday

(view from my window right now)
Today is a rainy day in the city. The high is 67. I love it.
I was planning on making my mom's taco salad tonight, but I just found out it might be another late night at work for Johnny. . . . I was talking to my mom on Saturday, and she said, "You're practically a widow!" I laughed, partially at the morbidity of that statement, and also because I don't feel that way at all. 

In fact, it all just feels right. Johnny really enjoys his job. He loves it. And he and his partner, Klane, get along better than I think either of them ever could have guessed. 

And when they work late, I have been hanging out with Klane's wife, Angie. And I love it. She's becoming one of my favorite people. 
We bake delicious cookies together. 
We eat yummy cupcakes. 
We watch chick flicks. 
We watch The Office.
And we talk.
aforementioned yummy cupcake from Two Little Red Hens

So I don't feel alone. And Johnny and I keep in touch on Gmail chat. I know Johnny is enjoying his work, so it doesn't make me sad when he works late. And it makes our weekends together all the more special.

Speaking of which, we had a great weekend. BYU football is a bummer, but I love them nonetheless. Today I am even wearing my thick BYU socks that my brother-in-law Jake gave me one Christmas.
not sure it was worth risking my life to show them off

I attended the General Relief Society Meeting on Saturday night, and Johnny had a boys' night with Klane and Pat.

Sunday, we went over to Pat and Lindsay's for a Cafe Rio dinner. It tasted JUST like it. I mean JUST LIKE IT. Pat made it all by himself. Even thinking about it right now is making my mouth water.

And that's our life right now. My fifteen-minute break is up, and I must get back to editing and eating Swedish Fish.

4 comments:

Jill said...

i want those socks. and i want to be in new york city even more than i want those socks.
bring me to you!!

Lindsay said...

Your life rocks hard core. I am glad you are loving it!

Angie said...

Awwww, I love you! I am sooo glad I have you to hang out with when the boys work late! This is a great arrangement. :) I love it.

And when I saw the picture of that cupcake I thought you had gone back for another one today! I was like, "Go Joanna!!" Haha.

Unknown said...

hopefully you were more drawn by the swedish fish than the editing...

and I love this post.

miss you, little sis.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...