23 October 2007

The Screw Tape Letters is a good bathroom read 'cause once you finish a letter...

The title to this entry is a snippet of a conversation I heard at work this past week. Once again the weekend comes to an end. Boo. Johnny was swamped with studying all weekend, but we still found ample time to watch college football. We went to the first half of the BYU football game but were too wimpy to stick it out in the wet cold. BYU won and so did Alabama, so we were both happy. We got a taste of winter on Saturday night when the sky started pouring snow for about half an hour. I really enjoy the change in seasons and spend about half of my free time looking at the hour-by-hour forecast on weather.com. Nerdish, I know. Now that it’s colder, we don’t have to worry about our air conditioning giving out on us. Our attention is now on the faulty heating. I’m not sure which is worse.

Johnny and I are in a very young ward. At least 90% of the couples have been married less than a year.…Today a man in our ward was singing incredibly loud in an opera voice during all of the hymns in sacrament meeting. He was at least five rows behind us and his voice still rang out far above anyone else’s. Of course, our very newly-wed ward was conspicuously giggling and staring. Thankfully, he was oblivious. To end with some good news….This past week Johnny got a job! So starting Tuesday, we will both be employed again. Yay!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...