03 July 2013

Hilton Head Island, Part III

Our final day on Hilton Head was spent mostly on the beach, which is a much different experience with a baby. We kept her under the umbrella the whole time, and even still it was a bit windy and hot for Sal. Thus, we didn't stay out for more than an hour at a time. The sun would exhaust Sally so much that she took the best midday naps in our hotel room. It was wonderful. Johnny and I ate Lunchables on the bed and read while she napped.

Sal wasn't loving the waves so much here. That was our cue to head back and let her get in some zzz's.

That evening we went out again and walked the beach during sunset. Something we've missed more than anything since becoming parents is our evening walks together. Sally goes to bed so early, so it's just not an option anymore. But we let her stay up late while we were gone, which meant we got to have our night walks again. And on the beach no less! It was pretty darn great.
It was a short trip, but a great one! I'd gone to Hilton Head Island before with my family, so I already loved it, and I'm so glad I got the chance to go with Johnny and Sal!

2 comments:

Alexa said...

she is really looking like you these days!! so beautiful.

Jill said...

joanna--she is just sooooooo cute. i swear that in every picture she is smiling her head off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...