So I've been meaning to start back running since Sally was about six weeks old. I finally succeeded in going on my first post-baby run last night, only about, oh, two months later than planned. Woo yeah!
The trouble is lack of sleep and lack of time! Sally gets up to eat at 7:00 (never, ever at 5:30 like this morning... or 6:30 like yesterday morning). So I could go running right after I feed her and lay her back down, but I'm so exhausted that it's a struggle. But we're slowly trying to better organize our time, and Sally's becoming more manageable, so we actually went out and ran as a family last night. And I brought our camera to take pictures of the pretty horses on our run, but that never happened. But I'm getting ahead of myself.
It's funny because my older sister told me that she didn't start back exercising until her first was four months old, and I chuckled to myself and thought I'd be different.
Anyway, it was a beautiful night — perfect weather, the smell of spring in the air. And we paused about halfway through to get some pictures together and of nature. But then Sally started crying and wouldn't be soothed for anything! It was almost her bed time and about 15 minutes past her feeding time. Sal don't mess around when it comes to getting fed on time. So next time I will make sure she's well fed before we go.
We ended up sprinting the last half mile to get her home as fast as possible, and she screamed at the top of her lungs the whole way. Lesson. learned.
Still, it felt great to exercise. Johnny said something like, "It's nice to feel my lungs stretch again." Since we haven't gone running since we lived in Boston, that's an understatement. We ended up going a mile and a half, and we'll slowly build up from there. My lower abs are the most sore today. Pregnancy really does a number on those muscles.




No comments:
Post a Comment