09 May 2012
that time a drunk guy took our picture
This is the only picture I have of Hannah and me together from her trip to visit us. I was taking a solo picture of Hannah in this same spot when a friendly man came out of a shop and said, "Great shot!" He was just lingering right next to me with this huge grin on his face, so I thought maybe he was indirectly offering to take a picture of the two of us. I asked him if he would, and he said, "Of course!" Once I was actually up next to Hannah, I saw that the man was swaying and stumbling as he tried taking our picture, and I realized the hard reality: I had just given a very drunk man my camera. As I hurried back to him, all I could think is Please, please don't drop my camera. Thankfully he didn't, and when he handed it back to me, he said with a big smile and slurred speech, "The best part about that picture is how drunk I was taking it!" Who knows what face I made when he said that, but he soon began wandering aimlessly down the street.
This story may make me seem super clueless, but to my credit, it was the middle of the day, and I neglected to see that the shop the man walked out of was actually a bar. He just seemed really happy and friendly. . .
Posted by
Joanna Galbraith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ha Ha! This cracks me up :)
at least we got a pic together...
just now catching up on blogs and I'm SO GLAD I read this story. I know you already told it to me, but it brought me great happiness to read it. HAAAAAHA! these kinds of stories make life so fun!
Post a Comment