02 May 2011

day-to-day-to-day

Today was laundry day.

This is my laundromat:

And this is what I carry a block and a half each week:


Anyway, had to document so I feel really impressed with myself when I look back on this someday.

Johnny has been working late A LOT! He is one busy boy. I feel bad for him, and he feels bad for leaving me alone all the time. I have been very grateful that I have my kitteh to keep me company. I'm becoming a cat lady. Also, Johnny's partner Klane usually works late when Johnny does, so I have his wife (and my friend) Angie to keep me from becoming a cat lady!

Here are my thoughts as of late:

Johnny's a snoozer. I am not. I hate snoozing. In my mind, the most logical option is to not snooze because then your amount of uninterrupted sleep is maximized. However, every morning, Johnny snoozes for an hour. I try to explain my logic to him, but he just doesn't get it. He claims he could never not be a snoozer.

I fear I am becoming an actual New Yorker. I no longer feel bothered by the inconveniences of city life. In fact, they don't even feel like inconveniences anymore. I feel like we could live here indefinitely, and I'd be perfectly happy. Johnny and I warned each other of this happening, and now it is, and I just can't help it!

One good thing has come from Johnny working late: I've gotten to watch so many great movies with British accents! (Johnny will cringe when he reads this.) Have you seen Downton Abbey? No? Well, it's on Netflix instant play ;)

7 comments:

Amanda S. said...

You know, I'm glad you posted about your laundry routine. I've wondered about it!

Strange.

I guess I still have this huge curiosity about what it is like to live in a big city, so your posts about mundane, prosaic things are really very interesting to me.

Angie said...

Oooh, I need more Netflix instant recommendations. Thanks. I wish I had more notice when Klane is late and then I could come over and we could watch these movies together. Tonight I didn't find out about his lateness until like 7:50! (That seems late to me?)

Anyway. GO YOU for carrying your laundry so far. I did laundry today too but I have the old lady cart to help me along the 5 blocks. I now understand what everyone else goes through now that I don't have laundry right downstairs. It sucks a TON of time out of your day to go sit at the laundromat for an hour and then fold your clothes there. I have to find a way to make that time more productive.

I think snoozing is stupid, I am on your team. It would drive me crazy if Klane were a snoozer! My college roommate was a snoozer and i hated it.

Aaaaaand we should hang out more. That's all.

A. Verzello said...

I'm with Angie, get an old lady cart! I used to take one to the grocery store and loved it. But the load you carry is indeed impressive.

hburdie said...

Why, is that a Bergan Turbo Scratcher toy I see behind your impressively heavy laundry basket?

I would die without a washer and dryer in my very own house. Sometimes I don't fold my clothes for weeks. They live in a pile on my dresser. It is glorious. Next time I do a load of whites while sitting in my PJs watching TV, I'll think of you.

Unknown said...

I love your blog. Greg used to be opposed to snoozing, like you. I have always enjoyed a good snooze or two every now and then. In the past couple of years, however, I've caught Greg hitting the snooze button several times....so you never know. You might become converted some day. :)

Jill said...

are you aware you did a wink face emoticon at then end of this post? as long as i have known you, i don't think i have ever witnessed you using emoticons in texting or on your blog. this is crazy :O

mb said...

we did our laundry at that laundromat on the exact same day.

also, downton abbey is so good. have you seen Masterpiece's Emma? also good, not on instant play though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...