08 January 2015
NYC Residents Once Again
So here we are! We're New York City residents again apparently. It's one of those weird things that I never saw coming, and oddly enough, it's been a pretty natural transition. The moving itself wasn't natural... that part was downright stressful and completely insane. But being out here with Sally hasn't had as much of a learning curve as I thought it would. And we're here during the most miserable time of the year — winter! So we will love it even more when the weather's nice.
I've been wanting to update for a while about moving to NYC, but I swear I have no time these days. My number one New Year's resolution is to feel caught up. I have almost 7,000 unread emails in my inbox. Yes, this is not an exaggeration, and it's super embarrassing to admit, which is why I never tell anyone. I really want to crochet another baby blanket for this new baby, like I did for Sally. I have the colors and the pattern all planned out. But the time? Don't know where that's going to come from!
I'm sure once we're a little more settled with our routines, I'll feel a bit less overwhelmed. And I'm sure part of the craziness I feel is from being pregnant. I go through this "nesting" phase where I just want to be doing everything all the time, and I feel super anxious and stressed about everything being perfect in every way, and I just don't know how to channel those feelings into something productive. I tend to be kind of anxious when I'm not pregnant, too, but then I just go for a run and that solves it. So not being able to have an outlet for all this pent-up stress is, well, stressful. Maybe I should sign up for prenatal yoga or something.
Living in the city is an adjustment in so many ways. We know the ins and outs, but life is just a little bit more complicated in almost every aspect. I'm hoping to update soon with what we're up to. We are happy to be back in the city, and we plan to make the most of it while we're here. I will say Johnny and I both love the natural energy of this city. It's infectious, and it makes you want to be the very best version of yourself. I think I will enjoy my time out here a bit more when I'm not pregnant. Even though that means I'll have two kids, at least I'll have my body back, and I'll be able to start running again(!).
As far as our apartment goes, we really love it. It is so functional and the living room and bedrooms are really well sized for NYC living, so we feel very lucky. The kitchen has full-size appliances and a dishwasher, and there's laundry in the basement, so I really can't complain on any fronts. It's a simple, clean building that we live in, which suits us perfectly. I will post pictures soon now that we've done most of our decorating. And I hope to update soon with our comings and goings. A lot has happened, and I really want to record every bit of it, especially before the new baby gets here. Three months and counting! Can't wait!
Posted by
Joanna Galbraith
Labels:
NYC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
welcome back!! cannot wait to see you!
welcome back!! cannot wait to see you!
Well, well, well - so I see that you guys have more than one blog. It's amazing what u find on Google! :-)
Post a Comment