03 April 2014

A Morning at the Zoo

A few weeks ago, I met up with Johnny's sister Sarah for a morning at the zoo. Sally's just old enough that I thought she might be ready to enjoy/grasp the existence of animals.

We had to get pretty close for Sally to actually realize that there were animals to be seen. The elephants and bears were too far away for her to take notice. Babies tend to notice only what's within two feet of them. When I want Sally to look out the window at home, she gets completely distracted by the blinds, rather than what's beyond them.

Sally's favorite part of the zoo was definitely the different desert cats and the bat-eared fox (or some name like that). I think they reminded her of Persie.

I'm not sure if Sally ever realized she was standing near a giraffe, but that's okay.

Sally's pacifiers are starting to be troublesome. I dread the day we take them away. That said, it was totally worth having them that first year.

We tried to get all of the girls in a big nest for a photo-op, but that didn't go too well. Sally and Poppy were in tears immediately.
It was a super fun day, and we all rewarded ourselves with McDonald's afterward, much to the delight of the six and under crowd. We're excited for more adventures with Sally's cousins this spring and summer!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...