Blogging about our lives is such a luxury these days. I just can't ever seem to justify it. Sally could wake up from her nap at any given moment, so let's see just how far I can get.
The weekend of Valentine's Day, Johnny and I made a last-minute decision to head to Zion for the weekend. What a glorious weekend it was. The highs were in the 60s and 70s, and Zion was simply gorgeous. Just like other getaways since Sally's been born, I had that feeling of all my stress melting away as soon as we arrived at our destination. We arrived on a Thursday afternoon and wasted no time in getting started with hiking. The first hike was only about a mile long, but every inch of it was breathtaking.
A cute Asian woman took our picture, and she and her fellow travelers kept saying, "Hi Sally!" the whole time we were at the lookout.
The view: (Note the windy road that I got car sick on. It's not a Galbraith vacation without my motion sickness. Fun for all!)
This is what well-prepared parents do --- hydrate their daughter out of the lid of their Powerade bottle.
Johnny thought to reenact the whole Simba/Rafiki/Pride Rock scene here.



















No comments:
Post a Comment