28 June 2013

Hilton Head Island, Part I

As always June is pure craziness in our house, which starts with Johnny's birthday. We decided to head to Hilton Head for Johnny's birthday. Our main trip this summer will be to visit family in Utah, so we planned a few mini-trips within driving distance, and Hilton Head was one of them.

It was also our first road trip with Sally, which we were both quite stressed out about. It was such a short trip, and yet preparing for it was super complicated because of all the baby stuff we had to bring. At one point we were so close to just not going at all because it was such a pain. But it ended up being such a great trip, so I'm glad we went!

On the way there, Sally was a champ. She didn't cry at all. She did have a blowout, though, with poop that got all over her back and shirt. This resulted in Sally and me going into a gas station bathroom and changing her diaper, clothes, and cleaning poop off her back with about 20 wipes. Sally was self-conscious or scared I think and crying her head off through all of it. And of course there was a woman with her two-year-old waiting for the changing table the whole time, standing about four feet away from us and watching the whole fiasco.

But other than that, it was smooth sailing. Johnny and I couldn't tell whether Sal was sleeping or just being quiet during the ride, so I'd put my phone behind me and take a picture and then look at it. It cracked us up to see her expressions during the trip.

When we got to the hotel and checked in, we headed straight for the beach. Talk about a stress reliever! I could feel all my stress just melting away. It was pure bliss.

 Sally really loved the ocean, if you can't tell. I call her our little adrenaline junkie because she just loves adventure and new experiences so much at her current age. It makes every experience so fun, just seeing how she's going to react.
Here I am soaking it all in. Give me sand and sun, and I'm in heaven.


Our family photo of the trip, taken by a slightly creepy complete stranger who offered. Not the best, but we'll take what we can get.

3 comments:

Angie said...

i love these pictures so much! that chubby cute baby is just killing me. and i love her cute outfit. i'm so happy you were able to take a vacation! we need to chat soon!

Jill said...

hahaha oh my goodness. these pictures of sally are just the greatest. she just seemed soooo dumb founded by the huge oceannnnn. looooove it!

Alexa said...

her cheeks get me every time. you guys are such a cute family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...