I'm a mom! Thus, I got to participate in Mother's Day last Sunday. Johnny made me feel very loved. After Sal woke up and nursed in the morning, he took her while I caught some extra shuteye. And then I woke up to the smell of bacon, eggs, and toast... breakfast in bed! I loved that gesture so, so much, and I was the happiest girl as I chowed down.
From there on out, what could go wrong did go wrong in the Sally department. One example: we were about to leave for church and were running late, and then Sally spit up A TON on my outfit and hers, destroying them both. Anyway, at some point in the afternoon, I reached my breaking point and was being kind of ornery I'm sure. That's when Johnny said, "I think we need to eat some cake right now." Oh, he knows me so well. So I took Sally's bouncer out to the sunroom and hoped she'd sit and be content looking outside, without Johnny or me holding her at all times (it was one of those days). And she was! So Johnny and I had an afternoon slice of my Mother's Day cake with ice cream out in the sunroom next to Sally (and Persie, of course), and everything was better. And then we had a slice after dinner also. I mean, we had to, right?
It's strange because I can't really imagine what I used to do all the time before I was a mom. My house stayed really clean. And I did whatever I felt like doing. And I loved my life. But I just feel much more complete with little Sally. It's the same way I felt after getting married. And the same way I'm sure I'll feel once we have our second child. Johnny and Sally are my life, and boy do I love it. I feel very lucky to have them. When no one else cares about something I'm facing, Johnny cares. And I can face anything if he's there with me. And Sally has made me a much stronger person in four month's time. I have been pushed to my breaking point and even further some days. I've had to dig deep and find what I'm made of, and I'm grateful for that. She's made me a better person, and I love her more than words could adequately express. She has filled our home with so much love and happiness, and I cannot believe I am so blessed to be her mom.


2 comments:
Happy First Mother's Day! You wear motherhood well :)
You are a fantastic mother, I have seen it firsthand! I'm glad you got some star treatment on your first official mother's day. :)
Post a Comment