01 December 2012

It's the Most Busiest Month of the Year


Do you see those eyes? Those eyes mean trouble. The last few days have been terrible in Persie-ville. She has been looking for any and every naughty way to get my attention. And she knows just the places to go afterward so that she's just out of reach of my wrath (i.e., under the couch and behind the tree). Is it crazy for me to think she may sense a big change on the horizon? And yet, as I type this, she's sound asleep right by the monitor. Of course.

This is a crazy month for Johnny and me. Not only are we frantically making our final preparations for a baby to arrive, but it's also Christmastime, AND every single weekend is booked until the week before Baby Girl is set to arrive.

I had an appointment earlier this week, and afterward I scheduled the final 4 appointments of my pregnancy! What! We've got less than a month to go. And I'm not saying I'll go early, but the doctor said she doesn't think I'll go late. Eeek! Who knows, though, I might be lamenting my pregnant belly at 41 weeks.

I know lots of moms-to-be get super antsy toward the end for Baby to just come already, but I am happy waiting as long as possible. Maybe that sounds nuts, but just imagine being in charge of a baby human! I don't think I'll ever feel ready.


3 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Good thing parenting is a learn-as-you-go sort of thing. Don't stress too much, newborns don't need much: a safe place to sleep, clean clothes, clean diapers, and a mommy to feed them.

hburdie said...

Haha! Seth took a similar picture of Apollo last night, as he tried to open some of our Christmas presents. Luck you, you get a sweet baby for Christmas. Who could ask for a better present?

Lindsay said...

Awesome picture. Love it. You are ready Joanna. You are going to be an incredible mother.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...