![]() |
| photo by Johnny's mom, Jan |
I'm sure most of you know about the five love languages. Well, I decided to ask Johnny what makes him feel the most loved. He actually thought about it, and said he likes when we are close to each other and when I tell him I love him. And then he pointed out that a lot of times he will go into the room I am in specifically to be near me, and I will just get up and go into the other room for one reason or another. We were both laughing because it is so true. I do not think about proximity at all. Hahaha. So then he asked me the question, and I told him that I feel loved when he gives me a thoughtful gift or does some sort of service for me, like cleaning the apartment. Once again we started laughing because in Johnny's mind the most logical thing is for me to tell him how I want him to help out around the house, and in my mind I am secretly hoping he will surprise me by doing the dishes or making the bed (which he does do occasionally). Anyway, I thought it was weird because we've never really talked about it, and I think we understand each other better now. It's funny the things you can learn even after 3 1/2 years.
p.s. I am very excited for January to be over! I think it is my least favorite month.

5 comments:
That's so funny! Josh and I have had that talk before, and it's good to really know how the other feels loved. It's also been really helpful for me to know how I best feel loved.
And I am so ready for January's end. A month a Mondays, I swear.
You pretty much rock. Just thought you should know. I love that you are brave enough to put sappy things on your blog.
So this is weird, but I don't have a love language. One time I was at my house and I asked Nate and everyone in my family what they thought it was and everyone had a different response. I have read that book and I really don't think I have a specific love language. Maybe I'm just multilingual when it comes to love languages. It always bothers me that I can't figure it out.
I also married someone with different love languages than me. I am all about time spent and physical affection and Greg is all about acts of service. Poor boy has a big job keeping me feeling loved. All I have to do is make dinner and clean the house and he feels loved!
p.s. I think I agree about January. blah.
Hahaha - I love this because we are so the same way. I am always secretly hoping Klane will read my mind and do something nice for me (take out the trash, clean something, get his haircut secretly) and then I am mad when he doesn't fulfill my secret fantasies, but I NEVER TOLD HIM about them! Why do I expect him to read my mind? Haha.
We have had the love languages conversation and I always end up concluding that I like a little bit of everything. Except gifts, I am bad at giving gifts and sometimes feel embarrassed when receiving them.
Post a Comment