12 May 2010

Thankful

(us on the way back from CA last weekend)

Being married can be hard work. Each day Johnny and I leave each other and go off to our separate jobs and don't see each other for eleven hours. When we were first married, I would sometimes have insecurities about whether Johnny would always love me or whether I could trust him completely, not based on anything Johnny had done but just because I am kind of insecure at times. Anyway, after about a year and a half of our marriage, I found peace on this subject. As long as I know Johnny and I are consistently praying and reading the scriptures, I do not have to worry about our marriage. Maybe I am just an anxious person who conjures up absurdities in my head, but either way, I am thankful for the peace that the gospel brings to my marriage and other areas of my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so true. I think I found peace on the same subject in the same way at about the same point in our marriage. thanks for sharing.

Charlotte said...

I love this. I too have insecure tendencies, and sometimes I wonder if those will be to my detriment. Thanks for these insights, because you're right: if we stay faithful in the simple things, we'll have nothing to worry about. I needed to read this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...