Musings for the Day
- Why is it that when I get a snack out of the vending machines at work, some stranger has to comment on my food or drink of choice? "That's a lot of sugar for this early in the morning." or "Let me guess. You're thinking chocolate." (Yes, both men.) I am acutely aware of my decision to stoop to the vending machines for snackage, and I don't need anyone's thoughts on the matter, thank-you-very-much.
- Right now I have this inexorable urge to organize EVERYTHING, so much so that I feel overwhelmed and don't know where to begin. Maybe I should clarify and tell you that things aren't exactly disorganized in my home. This is just my super anal side kicking in.
- Don't know why, but on the way home from California, Johnny and I both thought pork rinds sounded good. Opening the bag made the car smell like a cow farm, and multiple times Johnny said, "What am I eating?" only to grab another one. It was midnight at the time, so we'll excuse our temporary lapse in judgment.
- While in California, I lost my voice. Entirely. No sound would come out. I had to whisper, which I have NEVER had happen. I had to interact with dozens of people that I had either never met or only met once, and it was one of the more socially bizarre times in my life.
- Johnny has tried twice in the last few days to show his appreciation for my cooking by loading the dishwasher with dirty dishes. Both times I have heard him and, suspecting what he is doing, have had to say, "Johnny, those dishes in the dishwasher are clean." And both times I hear him say, "Aw, shoot." He's cute. I love him.
5 comments:
hahhaha i love hearing about what is going on in your life! oh how i miss you!
I found these musing very amusing. hehe. but really... my favorites were the pork rinds, voice loss and the dishwasher stories. so funny!
I love this post! I could relate to so many things! I definitely used to hate the food comments at work "Did you know a bagel is the equivalent of 6 pieces of bread?" "no... but it's OOOOH so delicious!!" :)
Good luck organizing!! I've had a SUPER urge to do that lately as well. And how nice of Johnny to do the dishes even if the others were already clean :)
I loved this post! All funny experiences I can relate to! :)
haha this cracks me up! i had multiple cravings for flaming hot cheetos on our way to and from california. they were delicious!
Post a Comment