26 February 2010

I feel happy...




I've thought this a few times but never really voiced it. When you're a little kid, and even when you're a teenager, you imagine what your life will be like as an adult. I think I did this even more than other kids. I would imagine the kind of guy I would marry, and I made lists of the qualities and characteristics he would have. I designed a layout for my future home, and I planned on getting married at the age of 23.

Well, I turn 23 in four months and I never could have imagined how great my life would be at this point. I never could have imagined getting married at age 20, to a guy as great or good looking or charismatic as Johnny--he seriously is my dream boy. His personality compliments mine perfectly, and we really are very best friends. I have a college degree in English Language and a minor in Editing, neither of which I even knew existed, and I have a full-time job doing something that I enjoy and feel confident about.

I'm not saying things are perfect. I have been lost and confused at times. I have been sad, too.

And I know the future won't be perfect and that there will be hard times. But I know that as long as I keep trying my hardest, my life will continue to be better than I could ever imagine.

1 comment:

Catherine Fishback said...

I love this. Also, I love that picture of you and Johnny! So natural and beautiful and happy. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...