We both felt like our blog could use a little spring cleaning. Although it might look like we are infatuated with bright orange, I don't think orange would even make a top ten list of my favorite colors. I thought the layout was clean and I didn't feel like making a template from scratch. It also kind of reminds me of old school Nickelodeon. Hey Dude, Camp Anawana, Are You Afraid of the Dark? Classics. So deal with the orange puke of death because I think it might warm up on you like it has to me.
A deep tissue update is probably appropriate. As much as Joanna and I are essentially one moving organism now, we actually lead quite different lives. Our updates are linked by marital vows, but unique to each individual. I actually thought "marital" was martial for the longest time and naturally thought any questionnaire/survey should know that I reached yellow belt in karate. Cue Joanna's updates:
Joanna is cruising along in her studies. She really enjoys her Editing classes and loves tearing up peers' papers with red marks and solid grammatical rules to back her up. She recently started editing for Square Magazine, a local student life magazine that puts together a really clean looking magazine. She is interviewing for a few jobs right now where a dashing blonde could add value to their organization. I actually think she should use that as her objective on her resume. Her most extravagant purchase as of late has been a haircut. I can't believe how much they charge to use a pair of scissors. I am going to start warming up Joanna to the idea of letting me do it next time. I'll even go to Michael's and buy those scissors that do different designs for scrapbook papers. Her and our bank account will never look so good.
My life has been rather eventful. Probably the most exciting news is that I lost a much needed 5 lbs. to drop me to a healthy 150 lbs. I've actually been working at gaining weight and I'm convinced my body just gets confused and refuses to put the extra food I consume anywhere. On a more serious note, well, not really serious, but a weightier (I think using puns seamlessly in prose is a really desirable trait) matter is that I was accepted into the creative track in the Advertising program. I'm really happy that I was able to put a decent portfolio together and claim myself a spot. Since entering the Advertising program I've wanted to go in that direction so I'm close to certain that I will be really content for my last two or three semesters of school. In other news, I recently got an internship for a local company as their assistant marketing manager... capitalizing that will make it look more official: Johnny Galbraith, Assistant Marketing Manager. Anyway, it should be a ton of fun while I am away from school and give me a great opportunity to put a few ideas to work and get my hands dirty.We are staying in Provo for the spring and summer and look forward to working full-time on hourly wage positions. One day we'll stick it to the man... let us all pray that the man will soon be a woman, because I can't imagine she would be so mean on us blue-collar folk. Luckily Hillary is fighting our cause... even at 3 AM. What a hard worker she is. I mean she has like 73 years of public service or something. At least that's what she said.
4 comments:
Luuuuv it jo 'n' jo!
Good bloggin'! (that sounds like some forgotten British expletive.)
Who knew Johnny had such a gift for writing! I was thoroughly entertained by this update. It was better than good enough for a catchy magazine article.
sweet! i love it
I'm so glad you got into the creative track progam! That is so amazing! That is what I always wanted to do, but I am sort of a loser because I played too much when we were freshman and my gpa was still so low after coming back to BYU that I now go to UVSC/UVU and am majoring in graphic design. Hopefully you start your own company and you can hire me as an art director one day. A company by the ocean.
Post a Comment