I have so many different pictures I've taken over the past almost-11 weeks since Wynn was born that I'm dying to edit and post, but for now, I guess I'll just update how our lives are going at this very moment.
Today was a good day. That's really all I can say because some days aren't good days. But Wynn has snapped out of her colicky stage for the most part now, which simplifies life immensely. And Sally has chilled out a ton with her tantrums and jealousy and trying to find any and all naughty ways to get attention.
It's probably good that I didn't have time to write the last several weeks because there were moments of deep despair. The first month or so was definitely a blessed time of newborn, sleep-deprived bliss. It was hard, but I felt like I couldn't complain because I was just loving my newborn so much.
And then everything stepped up a notch when Wynn's colic kicked in at around 5 1/2 weeks. I thought it was just a growth spurt, but then it didn't stop. She would cry all day, every day and only sleep in 20-minute stretches until around 7:30 at night. She just seemed unhappy and in pain, but there was nothing wrong with her! It was madness. Really, I felt like I was going insane. I even took her to the doctor to make sure there was nothing wrong. Also around that time, I ordered a new front pack carrier because Wynn was only happy if I was carrying her around. So the past month or so, I carried her around and got out of the house as much as possible.
Did I mention Sally was simultaneously turning into a she-devil? I think she was having a hard time adjusting, but she was also bored from being cooped up more often than not. So I just started getting out every single day. I can't remember the last time I haven't walked at least four miles in a day, trekking here and there with the kiddos.
But it's been good! Getting out every day has kept all of us sane, and while I'm still overwhelmed at times from sheer exhaustion, I feel like I can see myself starting to juggle everything a bit better. We've also had some life stress in general that's made everything else harder, but that, too, seems to be working itself out. I've told Johnny a lot these past few weeks, "I'm not unhappy with my life, but I don't know if I can keep this up." I've felt defeated more than once at the end of a day. But the past few days, I've found myself able to think about others and care about others, which I think is a good sign that I'm finding balance again... that I can actually see past our little family and not be so self-absorbed with my own life.
So that's life in a nutshell. Sally has been developing so much, and I can't wait to share everything she and Wynn have both been up to lately. And we are loving summertime in NYC! I've got a lot of adventures to document. For now, here are a few pictures I just took of Winnie while Sal's been napping. She's already 2.5 months old! I can't believe it!







No comments:
Post a Comment