02 December 2013

Scenes from Thanksgiving 2013

Blogging about our lives has taken a backseat to life the last couple of months. I told myself I had until Sally turned one to get my you-know-what together. Right now Sally's entertaining herself by having a conversation with Siri on my phone, so I'll let you decide how I'm doing. But really, each month I think Johnny and I are getting the groove of parenting more and more. 

This was Sally's first Thanksgiving! We headed to Heber and celebrated with most of Johnny's family. Sally was the only baby in attendance, so she got lots of love. It took her about an hour to warm up to everyone, and then she was loving all of the attention! I brought my corn pudding and two pumpkin pies (with store-bought crust... shameful). Everyone's food was so yummy. While we waited for dessert, people went around and shared funny stories about Grandpa Tom. We were all laughing pretty hard, and it was a great way to remember him on Thanksgiving. Per the usual, Sally fell right to sleep in my arms at 7:00 and slept all the way home. 

It was a pretty darn perfect Thanksgiving. We feel so spoiled having so much family to celebrate the holidays with this year!
 my little Thanksgiving helper & Johnny's "salad" plate
 waiting for pie & enjoying the feast
Sally playing with Uncle Will & our tree sans decorations (while Johnny stresses over some sports game)

Our Christmas decorations are all up now, and hopefully I can share them soon (if I ever get caught up on all our other happenings!).

2 comments:

Angie Harding said...

Okay so speaking of trying to get your stuff together, I saw this posted on Facebook and read it and thought you would like it!

http://mychildiloveyou.blogspot.com/2010/02/why-most-families-have-2-children.html

Also, I'm glad you had a great thanksgiving!

Alexa said...

every year on thanksgiving, i remember your flaky, buttery, perfect dinner rolls. sigh.

looks like you had a wonderful holiday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...