05 March 2010

reason # 57 why I could never be a hairdresser

Inevitably, every time I cut Johnny's hair (or anyone's hair) I make a mistake. Not a huge mistake, but a mistake nonetheless. I then begin laughing uncontrollably... I don't know why, but I always do. Then Johnny says something like, "Is it really bad?" and I wish I could stop laughing because I can tell he is stressed. I compose myself and say, "No, no, I can fix it." And I do, and it turns out good in the end. But I hate that I put him through that moment in which he thinks I have ruined his hair. I love Johnny for putting up with me in these moments!! (and for Rick, Jill, Hannah, and Sarah, who have all had the unfortunate experience of having me for a barber!)

4 comments:

Melyssa said...

HAHAHAHAHA! We are definitely sisters b/c that is JUST the way I'd react! Of course, I've never even attempted to give anyone a trim and Mark would rather pay BIG BUCKS than have me come anywhere close to him with a shaver.

Anyway, you made my day with that post!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, Joanna...I can remember when you helped me highlight my hair by pulling it through one of those caps and the exact moment you are describing ensued. Remember me as a trashy blonde? Good times...good times.

Jill said...

hahahahhaha oh my gosh. this post made my day as well! LOVVVED it!
my favorite memory with you cutting someone's hair was the time you cut hannah's hair when she was 10 or so and she defintely had the "business in the front, part in the back" look going. haahahahaha so so so FUNNY!!

Hannah said...

Yes. I remember that unfortunate experience... in fact I have written a few school papers about it. It was THAT traumatic...but I would do it again any day!...actually I probably wouldn't..but it was definitely an unforgettable experience!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...